This listed property was built in 1798 and was originally the school house for the boys in the town.
Completely renovated in 2013 it is now an extremely comfortable 4 Bedroom family home with a one bedroom annex at the rear, formed from a disused out building and linked back into the main house.
The refurbishment was sympathetic to the building’s heritage and employed recycled natural slates, lime plasters on the walls and wooden sliding slash windows among other things.
Contract consisted of the complete refurbishment of the listed 3 bedroom main building and the total rebuilding of the 2 nr dilapidated stone outbuildings to form a 2 bedroom guest annex. The project was a fast track build lasting 18 weeks from possession of site to hand over of fully finished house. The build required careful preservation of all period features, the use of lime mortars and plasters throughout as well as the raising and complete replacement of the roof. A modern glass and concrete extension was formed at the rear of the house and the rear garden was transformed into an off road parking area and courtyard garden.